With Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 4 x 2016 3 Star Award-winning Longhorn Beef Burgers
- 4 x burger buns
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese (if desired)
- Topping such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments of your choice
For the potatoes
- 500g baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
Steps for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Wash the baby potatoes and cut them into halves or quarters, depending on their size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and dried thyme. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook the burgers. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the burgers on the grill or grill pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached. If using cheese, place a slice of cheddar on top of each burger patty during the last minute of cooking to allow it to melt.
- Lightly toast the burger buns on the grill or in a toaster.
- Assemble the burgers by placing the cooked patty on the bottom bun, then add your desired toppings and condiments.
- Serve the burgers hot with the roasted potatoes on the side, and enjoy!